Can you bake cookies in the air fryer? Yes! In fact, this easy air fryer chocolate chip cookie recipe is not only delicious, but easy to make with your air fryer. I like that you can make them in small batches so you always have fresh chewy chocolate chip cookies with a little crunch on the outside.
Baking Cookies in the Air Fryer
When I first heard about Air Fryers, I was intrigued, but also scared. Not exactly sure WHY-worried I would somehow mess up easy Air Fryer recipes, or start a fire or something?
Maybe it was just the fear of the unknown. When I did finally buy one, I was so excited and pleasantly surprised by how much easier, faster and often healthier Air Fryer recipes tend to be!
When it comes to baking chocolate chip cookies in the air fryer, the big benefit is that you can have fresh baked cookies in 8-10 minutes!
Let’s air fry some cookies!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES in the Air Fryer
The initial setup, preparation, and ingredients are the same as what you would use to make regular chocolate chip cookies. Today we are sharing our family favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that works really well the Air Fryer.
This Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
- Makes: 18-24
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8-10 min
Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
Supplies Needed to Bake Cookies in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
Instructions to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe In Air Fryer
First, in a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined.
Next, add eggs and vanilla extract and beat egg mixture until well combined.
Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well combined.
Then, gently stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit into your Air Fryer basket.
Next, scoop cookie dough and place on top of parchment paper, be sure to leave plenty of room.
Bake in the Air Fryer at 300 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
Remove basket from air fryer and let baked cookies set 3-4 minutes before removing.
Then, repeat with remaining cookie dough.
How to Store Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you have any of these delicious chocolate chip cookies leftover, then you can store them in an airtight container for 3 days.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Make Ahead Dough Recipe
Because the Air Fryer is so easy to use and doesn’t take a long time to pre-heat, this easy chocolate chip recipe is perfect for making the dough ahead of time and keeping a supply in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The chocolate chip cookie dough will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
When ready to bake your fresh chocolate chip cookies, scoop out enough chilled chocolate chip cookie dough for 4-5 cookies and follow the directions above to bake them in the Air Fryer.
You will have 1-2 servings of warm cookies within minutes!
How to Make GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
It is so easy to adapt this into a gluten-free air fryer chocolate chip cookies recipe!
- Replace the all-purpose flour with gluten free all-purpose flour.
- Also, make sure that your baking powder and all of the other processed ingredients are gluten free.
How to Make VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES In Air Fryer
To make vegan air fryer chocolate chip cookies, you will need to replace the eggs and dairy products with plant-based substitutes:
- You can use an egg replacer from the store
- Or easily make your own egg replacer: Combine 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce, along with 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to equal 1 “egg.” This is my go-to “egg” for almost all of my baking!
- Replace the butter with a plant-based butter, and use vegan chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life brand).
10 minutes 8 seconds
20 minutes 8 seconds
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit into your Air Fryer basket.
- Scoop cookie dough and place on top of parchment paper, be sure to leave plenty of room.
- Cook at 300 degrees F for 8-10 minutes .
- Remove basket from air fryer and let set 3-4 minutes before removing.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Store in airtight container.
These cookies would be great mixed and kept in the refrigerator, then cook 4-5 at a time to enjoy warm cookies.
More EASY COOKIE RECIPES
One of the best ways to make memories as a family is baking cookies! Kids love to help measuring, stirring, and decorating cookies. Not only is it fun, it is also educational! Here are some of our favorite cookie recipes:
Have you made chocolate chip cookies in your Air Fryer? Comment below!